Friday, November 9, 2007

Cr Joe Ramia - In Support of Global Human Rights Torch Relay

It is with great pleasure that I would like to extend my warmest welcome to the Human Rights Torch to arrive in Toowoomba and to express my strong support of the message carried with the torch - - Olympics and Crimes against Humanity cannot Co-exist in China.

The Olympic Games stand for peace, fairness, friendship, justice and human dignity, and should be held in such spirit.

I hope through this global effort to uphold human rights and to raise people’s awareness of the atrocities against humanity that are still taking place in China, we can help make a difference. I particularly hope that the persecution of Falun Gong in China will soon come to an end. No one should suffer persectution and torture for their beliefs.

With best wishes for a successful relay in Toowoomba

Cr Joe Ramia
Toowoomba City Council

No comments: